Magna Corporate R&D is seeking a talented, visionary and self-motivated Manufacturing Engineer to be a part of and help create the Advanced Robotics Group, which will create new automation solutions that improve overall system efficiencies, through the use of advanced robotic technologies. The ideal candidate will have deep experience in the development of complex robotic systems. The candidate will also have theoretical and practical experience in application mechanical and controls development for robotic task automation. The ideal candidate will be working in a culture that fosters creativity and problem solving. This position will play a key part in the Advanced Robotics Group, and be a part of a tightly knit development team that creates advanced manufacturing solutions for the future.
- Develop automation application ideas to concept;
- General design ideas.
- Process Flow.
- General Estimates.
- RFQ Development.
- Drive / Support budget development.
- Interface with multiple stakeholders to understand system and/or subsystem requirements, functionality, domain, viable technology, and development activities for advanced robotic system development projects.
- Complete system engineering of robotic automation cells.
- Plan, setup and conduct proof of concepts as required.
- Provide self-directed functional testing of application software and hardware.
- Provide technical support and guidance to key stakeholders.
- Prepare detailed project progress reports.
- Front-end communications with internal and external design and system integration team regarding hardware and software requirements, expectations, solutions, analysis, definition of design alternatives, and technical guidance of engineering activities within the team.
- Practice and maintain integrity while following Magna's Charter and Constitution.
- Create and strive a positive work environment by demonstrating and sharing functional and technical knowledge.
- Promote and seek excellence in all aspects of the business.
- Comply with the designated ISO / TS 16949 responsibilities, Health & Safety (H&S) rules and practices, Magna policies, procedures and practices.
- Treat everyone with dignity, trust and respect.
- Perform any other assignments from time-to-time as management so directs.
- BSc/MSc/PhD in electrical, mechanical or equivalent engineering discipline with appropriate coursework focus
- Creative and self-motivating with the ability to understand and divide a vision into prioritized tasks.
- Strong experience in the development and execution of robotic automation projects.
- Provide the customer and company-wide perspective to detailed technical decisions.
- Ability to work on challenging assignments with aggressive schedules.
- Experience in Robotic cell layout development.
- Experience in industrial robotic control systems and the interfaces.
- Experience in Cycle time analysis of robotic cells.
- Understanding of PLC, networking protocols and technologies.
- Experience in CAD systems 2D/3D.
- Experience in Vision (2D and 3D).
- Experience in Robot programming basics (ABB, Yaskawa, Fanuc).
- Experience in software programming (C++ and/or Python in ROS environment is a plus).
- Excellent written (white papers) and oral communication skills.
- Has the creativity and technical ability to initiate, direct, and control specific projects within the specific area of responsibility.
- Has the ability to interpret technical specifications and/or requirements.
- Technical aptitude to understand technology from first principals, engineering, materials and manufacturing subjects.
- Ability to resolve complex issues in creative, efficient, and effective ways.
- English: Fluent
- Proficient in Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Readiness to travel international & domestic up to 50% annually.