The brand portfolio of Daimler incorporates Mercedes-Benz, Mercedes-AMG, Mercedes-Maybach, Mercedes me, smart, EQ, Freightliner, Western Star, BharatBenz, FUSO, Setra, Thomas Built Buses as well as Mercedes-Benz Bank, Mercedes-Benz Financial Service, Daimler Truck Financial, moovel, car2go and mytaxi.
In this role as Business Analyst, you are eager to apply your analytical skills and you are driven to turn data into valuable insights, in order to optimize our business (e.g. processes, systems, data quality) and contribute to the ‘continuous improvement cycle’.
Your key tasks are:
• Deep dive into large sets of structured and unstructured data, to answer key business questions using a wide range of data analytic tools e.g. SQL, digital analytics, data visualization
• Gain insights that inform business decisions; analyze data and discover patterns, meaningful relationships, anomalies and trends
• Identify implications and propose solution/action points to improve business
• Communicate findings to respective stakeholders by means of data visualization/reporting
• Initiator of the ‘continuous improvement cycle’: responsible to stimulate efficient and effective ways of working by continuously questioning the status quo (KPI/PI, reporting solutions)
• Comply with the legal roles and regulations on data protection and data privacy
• Identify and flag problems. Cooperatively determine appropriate solution steps in collaboration with other specialists
• Communicates and aligns with all relevant entities and all specialists and management levels within the organization
• Permanent Member and Advisor of the Operations Leadership Team and driver of the operational data squad
• Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, business intelligence, engineering or other technical/quantitative discipline
• 3+ years of experience in the area of business analytics
• Has knowledge of skills, technologies, practices for continuous iterative exploration and investigation of past business performance to gain insight and drive the business
• Understanding of data warehouse (DW or DWH), also known as an enterprise data warehouse (EDW) architecture
• Understanding of dimensional modeling and databases (NoSQL, SQL, PL\SQL)
• Experience with Business Intelligence toolage (e.g. Cognos, Tableau, Qlikview, Microsoft BI)
• Retrieve, analyze, transform and report data for business intelligence
• Is capable to consult and follow up on complex projects in which BI tool capabilities are involved
→ Knows the principles of statistical analysis and how to apply them
→ Supports human decisions with visual analytics the user models to reflect reasoning
• Strong team player with professional English communication skills, both verbal and written
• Excellent problem solving, critical thinking skills, and communication skills
• Curious about data, eager to explore and proven analytical mindset
• Flexible, stress-resistant, able to deal with a challenging environment
• Pro-active, self-managing and independent thinking
• Machine Learning, Data Science and statistical modeling experience preferred
• Experience in Customer Contact Center environment preferred
The Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Center (CAC0 is an international multicultural organization and an integrated part of Daimler’s Mercedes-Benz Cars Marketing & Sales. In our offices in Maastricht we think and act globally and assume a leading role for the Mercedes-Benz Customer Assistance Centers all over the world. Our goal is to provide excellent assistance to our customers and dealers of well-known Daimler brands like Mercedes-Benz, AMG, smart, Setra and Mercedes me. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, we ensure our customers’ mobility with our roadside assistance. Additionally, we take care of all kinds of enquiries about passenger cars, trucks and vans.
Place within the organization
In the role of Business Analyst, you report directly to the General Manager Operations.
Objective of the role
The operational Business Analyst is focal point when it comes to analyzing operational performance. In this role, you ensure a robust process for reviewing business performance and you are an active driver of performance improvements based on your analysis.