ABOUT THE TEAM
Reports to: Lead Business Development
Recruiter Name: Simona
Merchant Operations is at the core of the Zalando platform strategy, enabling the world's strongest fashion brands to sell directly to Zalando's 25 million European customers. Merchant Operations is rapidly expanding, with multiple opportunities for Development. We build a data team from the scratch with a strong business focus, where collaboration with business owners, product managers and engineers is essential to define the vision and the roadmap to bring our platform / marketplace even more alive.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Accountable for all aspects in relation to data analysis, reporting and research, KPI definition and testing & deployment.
- Consulting with Analysts to build and continuously improve a variety of data products that create value for our business.
- Collaborate with our Tech Data Infrastructure Team to get the most out of our existing datasets and ensure usability of data.
- Extend and optimize our data model using technologies such as Exasol, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Nakadi and Data Lake. Build reports in our reporting tool, MicroStrategy.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Obtained an academic degree in Computer Science, Business Informatics, Mathematics, Economics or comparable subject, with an academic record of high achievement.3+ years of SQL experience, preferably with an understanding of nested tables (f.e. Google BigQuery), on top ideally Python basics
- Experience in building and maintaining dashboards using visualization tools (f.e. R, Power BI, Tableau, Microstrategy, Google Datastudio) also experience with business case modelling, modeling data and structuring large data sets
- Strong analytical skills, a data-driven mindset and ideally 2 years experience with BI solutions (ideally with MSTR) in a young and fresh startup environment (not a must)
- Strong project, hands on and time management skills: you are able to drive projects autonomously, keeping tight deadlines and managing multiple stakeholders and are not afraid to get your hands dirty.
PERKS AT WORK
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe's leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.